Privacy notice for Futures Conferences by Finland Futures Research Centre (FFRC)
Who is processing data
Which data do we process and for what purpose?
When you submit your abstract and register to a Futures Conference through our website, you will be asked to give specific information needed to provide conference services to you.
We only collect personal information which is relevant and necessary for the purpose of providing services to you. In addition we will market our forthcoming conferences to you, unless you do not wish to have further conference marketing from us. We will not use your personal information for other purposes which are not compatible with the original purpose.
We do not share your information with anyone outside the FFRC and University of Turku. In particular we do not transfer personal information collected to organizations or companies for the purpose of marketing products and services from such companies. We will not transfer personal data to countries outside the EU/EEA.
Updating and correction of information
We strive to keep any registered personal information updated at all times. We are depended on getting new information from you as the data subject.
Retention of information
The personal information you have provided to us is processed and stored for the particular purpose as long as the purpose is valid and after this for a limited time due to our purposely determined back-up and deletion routines.
The FFRC and University of Turku are dedicated to protecting your personal information. We have adopted internal security policies and instructed our employees accordingly in order to comply with applicable legislation on Personal Data Protection. We have implemented appropriate procedures and security measures to protect your personal information.
Your rights as a data subject
- You have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data.
- You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and have the processing of your personal data restricted.
- You have an unconditional right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- If processing of your personal information is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Your withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out before you withdrew your consent.
- You may always lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority.